Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Once Again Obama Shows He's Completely Out Of His Depth.

The two-state solution is a non-issue, Israeli governments having for years agreed to the formulation. The question is what kind of two-state solution which has hardly been confronted and never agreed upon, not even at the breezy hand-shake on the White House lawn on September 13, 1993. (I hasten to remind my readers that I didn't attend because I thought it was a fraudulent event, and I wrote that in an editorial shortly after. Was I not right?) The matters to be negotiated now are the modalities of a two-state agreement. The Palestinians have always known what they want: every inch of territory lost in the 1967 war. Then, they'll see what they will fight over that was lost in 1948-1949.

Read the whole thing.

No comments: