Monday, April 20, 2009

I saw Berlin on Friday...



I've been meaning to blog about it but I've been distracted with family obligations.

I wasn't really a fan back in the day and I didn't really know what to expect. If pressed, I would have remembered No More Words and possibly the love theme from Top Gun Take My Breath Away. Truth be told though, I really wasn't that familiar with their work. Apparently they were huge in southern California in the eighties...but I grew up in Chicago so I was listening to Material Issue instead.

Anyway the wife and I seized the opportunity to get out of the house and hang out with our friend Edward Mariscal and his fetching lady friend. It was our first trip to the House of Blues and we were both super impressed. It's a great venue and the opening act was fabulous...though their name escapes me. Must be mad cow.

Anyway, I was totally unprepared for how great a show it was going to be. Terri Nunn is a star. There's really no other way to describe her. There are probably a thousand female lead singers in L.A. with comparable or maybe even better talent...though she's a great singer. That's beside the point. She's transfixing. She had the audience eating out of the palm of her hand. The people in that room, that night adored her...and by the end of the night I did too.

If you get a chance go see them.

Here's their tour schedule.

No comments: