Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Spirit of Fred Thompson Lives in John McCain.

Last fall, Fred Thompson issued a tax plan that included an optional flat tax with two tax rates and a generous standard deduction. Another element of the Thompson plan was reducing corporate tax rates. I don’t know if Thompson and McCain have spent any time together since McCain became the GOP nominee. Like I wrote above McCain for some time has been talking about cutting the corporate tax rate. The optional alternative tax came out of the blue. I wonder how much influence Thompson had?

via Instapundit.

Winghunter has some related thoughts here.

2 comments:

Winghunter said...

I prefer my version of the story but, who'ld 'a thought;

McCain Streaking Conservatism?
http://conservativesuperiority.com/2008/04/15/mccain-streaking-conservatism/

Mike Stajduhar said...

Actually I like Winghunter's take as well. Excellent blog.