Monday, April 21, 2008

Parental Rights, Spanking Bans and Bratty Kids

Have you noticed all of the children making the news these days? To the shame of our society it is for heinous acts of violence, sexual exploitation, theft and vandalism. What happened to the days of Boy Scouts helping little old ladies across the street? Oh yeah, the homosexuals want to shut them down. Those whose relationships can't produce their own boy scouts. The NEA think they can do better than parents. Liberal politicians think that big government is more capable. Well, our youth culture is in a huge mess and getting worse by the day. It sickens me to watch it.

Last week we had to deal with a loser, thief teenage boy who stole my daughter's new, expensive cell phone out of her car. We got it back no thanks to his mother. A police officer acted as a judge and just took it from the little brat and gave it back to us. The kid had stripped it and it was impossible to prove it was ours, yet it was obvious. Only six months before another punk kid stole her ipod and hawked it at a pawn shop. Since she has been enrolled at the public school (1 and 1/2 years) it has been one drama after another. She is getting quite the education...

Let's consider for a moment past generations that produced well-behaved, respectful, and moral young ladies and gentlemen. What did they do that we are missing today? I would say corporal punishment at school and at home. Parents were in charge and cooperated with other adults that were involved in the lives of their children. If I got paddled at school it would only be far worse for me when I got home.

In contrast today, often you see the parents against the school and teachers. God forbid you must speak to your neighbor about their little monster terrorizing your children, pets or property. I have tried to help a little feller out by getting them out of the street before they were flattened by oncoming traffic and warned them of the dangers of playing in the street. Only to have them look me straight in the eye and declare with a Napoleon-like authority, "You're not my Mom!". Uhh, that didn't happened in my day. We would respond with a "Yes, maam or yes, sir".

My children are not permitted to address adults by their first names. However, often adults will insist they do. My kids will say we are not allowed. Then the adult will continue to go against the very clear parental instruction of my children and refuse to allow them to address them in this respectful manner. Children need to be taught respect and be expected to practice it all times. On the other hand these same adults would be very annoyed if my children were unruly and disrespectful.

Yet again Sally Lieber is pushing for an all out assault on parental rights in the California Legislature.

Spanking apparently is headed for another swatting in the California Legislature, as Assemblywoman Sally Lieber, D-Mountain View, has reintroduced a proposal to effectively ban such discipline, even by parents, according to the Capitol Resource Family Impact organization.

"Last session this same bill received national attention because of its assault on parents rights to discipline their children," said Karen England, executive director with the group. "We succeeded in stopping the bill because parents were so outraged that an arrogant lawmaker thinks she knows better than parents how to raise their children."

Last year's plan as AB755, and this year's, AB 2943, is virtually the same, England said.

"According to AB 2943, a parent who spanks their child would be placed on probation for a minimum of four years, and would be forced to attend a 'nonviolent parental education class' and the child would receive a criminal court protective order 'protecting the victim from further acts of violence or threats' and 'residence exclusion or stay-away conditions,'" England said.

The bill itself dumps parental discipline into categories previously reserve for child abuse.

article in full here

ParentalRights.org has a petition that calls for an amendment to the constitution protecting parental rights. Sadly, it has become necessary.




Nipping teen crime in the bud

* 10 April 2008
* Anna Gosline
* Magazine issue 2651

It's late at night. You're all alone, walking home past the dimly lit park. You feel a sudden chill when you see them. Teenagers. They snigger as you pass, probably about the old lady they mugged that morning while skipping school. Kids today...

From shopping malls banning youths in hoodies to media coverage of the latest teenage stabbing or shooting, there is growing public concern over crime and antisocial behaviour among young people. Politicians and media commentators wrangle endlessly over whether the cause is single-parent families, binge drinking, TV, or simply society going to the dogs, but no one seems to know what to do about it.


I have a suggestion, public caning.

7 comments:

Marie said...

The police were finally called on our neighbor yesterday. Did I mention he's three years old? His parents just let him play out in the street with no supervision and let him do anything he wants. He was thrwing rocks at cars, something he does often, which they never correct him for. This time he managed to break a window.

I feel bad for my kids because I can't let them play with any of the neighbors. I have to truck them across town to find kids for them to play with that actually act like children and respect property and other people.

Indy Jane said...

Hi Marie, I feel your pain! Thanks for commenting. :)

William said...

I hate going into public places with my four children and having to explain to them why other kids are behaving so badly. As a husband and a father, I am a strong believer in disciplining my kids, and in return my kids are respectful and they do not talk back or throw temper tantrums in public. I am for raising up a child in the way that they should go. If I don't discipline my children that will either end up in jail, on drugs, or hanging with the wrong crowd. My wife and I do not support government raising our nations kids. We are the parents, we know what's best for our kids.

Angeleah said...

We all know Australia likes to follow the 'trends' of America and sadly, here we are now in OZ dealing with the same 'Parental Rights' issues or rather, Politician's, Government departments and perennial 'Bloody do-gooders' groups, sticking their business into the very private domain of 'parenting your child' ie: 'Wooden Spoon Mum sparks spanking debate' http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=875834 It will be interesting where we go as a society from here...

bigfoot said...

I have not had to physically discipline any of my 5 my kids, 4 of whom are now adults. I spent a lot of time with them and encouraged them to do THEIR best at every turn of events helping them to learn from those events. I am no bleeding heart do gooder. I remember being disciplined by my parents, sometimes severely, and resented every stroke or hit, not being able to understand why someone who loved me would hurt me.All that "discipline" didn't stop me using drugs or getting into trouble.
Their is another way, an alternative to physical discipline, I have personally experienced it with my own kids. Violence begets violence. " Spare the rod spoil the child"- the 'rod' is a measuring stick so that the child should be called to measure their actions against what they know is right, not beaten with it.

日月神教-任我行 said...

成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,a片

longge said...

These consign vouchers to advice people, to save the acquirement of any Coach Wallets
aperture a few dollars of locations store. Everyone is not advantageous abundant to win the Coach Bonnie
tickets, any time in any abundance Coach Wristlet
. These coupons can be acclimated to acquirement approved abundance abutting Coach Ergo
variety.