Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Back to the Real World

Our family has been home for 3 days after vacationing in Tampa, Fl. and we are struggling to get back into real life rhythm.

One of the highlights of our trip was the Reds vs. Phillies spring training game. Our 10yo son managed to get 2 MLB baseballs, six Reds starters autographs and a pic with Brandon Phillips. My husband is a huge lifelong Reds fan and like father, like son.
We did Busch Gardens for 2 days, visited with my inlaws and hit the beach for a couple of days.
Above the kids and I are hangin with Tall Paul at Busch Gardens. Busch Gardens is the most unusual theme park I have ever visited. They give out free beer! Which I think is why my husband chose BG. I don't like beer, so it wasn't so cool for me. However, they did offer a beer tasting opportunity at the Brew Masters Club. I sampled four different beers and discovered of the traditional beers I can choke down Michelob Ultra with the most ease. I really liked Busch's new blueberry lager Wild Blue. Another pleasant discovery was Tilt 8.0%. This is a beer with slight carbonation, caffeine, lemon/lime flavor, guarana and ginseng. It is truly the power party drink.

Of course, there is so much more to BG other than beer. We thoroughly enjoyed the rides and exotic animals.

It was a great and memorable time together. Now I must take off my party hat and get down to real life business.


3 comments:

Mike Stajduhar said...

Welcome back Kotter,

Mike Stajduhar said...

By the way, I'm totally jealous. Brandon Phillips is one of my favorite players.

Indy Jane said...

Thanks, Mike! :) It's good to be back.

Yeah, we love Brandon too. We'll be getting our little guy a BP jersey soon.