Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Human Statue of Liberty.


My friend Lady Hampton, sent me this photo along with a snarky little joke about the fine people of Iowa (which if memory serves is her home state). Sadly the joke cannot be reprinted here-not because it's dirty or anything like that, but because I'm the one who tells the jokes here. I'm not going to let some transplanted Iowan make me the straight man at my own blog.
A nun, a priest and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and says "what is this, a joke?".
Ah...I've got a million of them. Anyway, back to the photograph. I've seen several like this before. They are the amazing work of Arthur S. Mole and John D. Thomas, a couple of photographers who were working out of Zion Illinois. During the First World War they toured army camps took these photos to help raise funds for war bonds.

No comments: